CAN I VISIT THE HOT SPRINGS YET?
The hot springs are open for business! To help keep our two pools and state bath house open, we ask that visitors observe safe practices as set forth by our medical community. This includes being respectful to others by not swimming when you have flu like symptoms.
The Hot Springs State Park picnic areas, playgrounds, hiking and biking trails and boat dock are all open for full use. The Legend Rock Petroglyph Site can be accessed through a locked gate when you obtain the key from the State Bath House or other locations.
As of May 15, 2020, restaurants, bars, breweries and distilleries are open for inside and outside dining with social distancing requirements. Our restaurants that are open are following strict sanitation protocols.
As of November 17, 2020, face coverings are required in Hot Springs County public venues. All businesses and tourist attractions will remain open to the public. Restaurants will also be able to continue with inside dining.
Patrons are asked to wear their masks while entering, exiting or otherwise moving around the restaurants. While seated at a table, masks are not required. They are also asking that there be no more than 8 people seated at a table unless they are members of the same family.
All members of the public, except for minors, must wear a face covering when inside any public building. Our two museums are also open with social distancing protocols in place.
Thermopolis is responsibly opening and we do not want to jeopardize the health and welfare of our residents and guests to our community. Outdoor gatherings of up to 1000 people or 50% of the venue capacity will be allowed if the proper social distancing protocols can be achieved. Indoor gatherings of up to 50 people can occur with no restrictions, and indoor gatherings of up to 250 people will be allowed with social distancing and increased sanitation.
Please, if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 stay at home and do not put others at risk. Masks are currently required entering and exiting public businesses and when 6 feet distance cannot be maintained.
- Governor Mark Gordon’s current orders
- Hot Springs County Public Health Updates. Situation Reports Posted on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- State of Wyoming Covid-19 Response
- Center for Disease Control- White House
CARES ACT AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Governor Gordon Announces Assistance Program for Businesses Impacted by Early Closures
- Learn more about the Federal CARES Act and help determine if your business is eligible for relief
- Wyoming Lodging and Restaurant Association CARES Act FAQ
- Wyoming Business Council Tips for Small Business
- Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
- Wyoming Department of Workforce Services
- Thermopolis Chamber
- Current Orders from Governor Mark Gordon
- Travel Wyoming Industry (WY Responsibly)
- Destinations International Coronavirus Travel Industry Resource Hub
- US Travel Emergency Toolkit
- Professional Convention Management Association Covid-19 Management Resources
- State of Wyoming Co-Vid 19 Webpage
- COVID-19 Workplace Testing
Locals looking for support can turn to these locations and organizations.