What is a Chamber of Commerce?
IT IS THE FRONT DOOR TO YOUR COMMUNITY!!
The Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce is a one-stop information and resource center for visitors, locals, businesses and those outside of the area seeking information and assistance.
Is the Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce a division of the City, County, or Lodging Tax Board?
No, but we work as partners.
What are the major funding sources for the Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce?
The majority of funding comes from businesses, organizations and individual memberships who believe in paying their fair share to an organization that promotes the area. Additional funding is derived from contracts for services and some of the projects we put on.
What does membership pay for?
- With the Chamber acting as the front door to your community, we direct inquires and resources to businesses, organizations and individuals. It’s an investment in you Community!
- We’re in business for business! We create opportunities for businesses to grow and prosper. We provide a multitude of networking opportunities, resources and services.
- It’s all about supporting those who support you! Any function that gives a business or organization an opportunity to meet others and refer those they meet to other members creates a healthy community that will grow and prosper.
- The Chamber of Commerce is involved with leadership development, volunteerism, educational development, regional cooperation, economic development, member services, maintaining alliances at the local, state and federal issues, communicating current issues, candidate forums, workforce issues, housing issues, and quality of life issues that impact our wonderful community!
- The Chamber of Commerce is an organization of business and professional men & women who have joined together for the purpose of promoting civic, commercial and economic progress in our community.
What is the funding used for?
- Salaries – The staff provides information on a daily basis to those seeking information about the Thermopolis – Hot Springs Chamber area. We attend a multitude of functions and then share information with our members providing additional opportunities to help your business succeed. We also share that information with other committees & organizations that have an interest in the Thermopolis-Hot Springs area and business community.
- Telephone, Internet Service, Office Supplies & Equipment, Printing Costs, Repairs & Maintenance, Insurance, etc. – We need all the above to communicate and run our organization to help your business.
- Travel, Education & Training – Investing in staff keeps turnover at a minimum and allows individuals to expand their knowledge; Learning new skills and techniques add value and expertise to their job experience. The outcome provides a confident well informed Chamber staff that easily assists those seeking information about the area through our office.
- The Chamber attends: Conferences, Summits, Expositions, trade shows, and numerous meetings and events. We represent the Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce membership. Not only do we promote and assist Thermopolis businesses, by attending events, meetings and conferences allows the Chamber staff to share the wealth of knowledge we have about the Thermopolis – Hot Springs community and learn what other organizations are doing!
How Can I get Involved?
- Call the Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce and ask to join. They coordinate and assist several volunteer committees’, luncheons and other events.
- Attend Chamber events, it is a cost effective way to increase your business by being involved and networking.
- Read the area happenings. The Chamber distributes information that includes upcoming local events, trainings, trade show opportunities, columns and information from the Wyoming Business Council, Small Business Development Association, legislative issues, sponsorships and member to member offers.
Any Other Information?
- The Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce offices wants to promote your organization. We can display brochures, business cards and coupons.
- Your business or organization will be listed on marketing efforts that the Chamber of Commerce is involved with. Examples include websites and relocation packets for potential businesses and those seeking to move to your area. The Chamber refers inquiries to your business!
- The Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber works with many organizations & committees representing Chamber Membership and keeping members apprised of current issues and events.
Who benefits by having a strong local Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce?
- Everyone! The Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce is the eyes and ears of the community. They have a passion to sell your community to visitors and locals allowing communities to grow and prosper. This “can do” attitude leaves visitors with a sense that “the front door” enjoys sharing the wealth of knowledge about the Community with others! It’s all part of “supporting those who support you.”
- The Thermopolis-Hot Springs Chamber receives phone calls and visitors daily asking about your local community.
- Questions and information provided include:
- Area Demographic Information
- Phone numbers and information for local businesses and events
- Listings of lodging & restaurant establishments
- Health Care Facilities
- Employment Opportunities
- Resources and information to open and/or relocate a business
- Relocation information for individuals and families considering moving to the area.
- Tours of the area
- City, county, state and national contacts
- Things to do in the area
- We do all of the above and more!
Available for Purchase
- Chamber Bucks
- Membership Mailing Labels
Available for Rent
- Lighted Palm Trees
- Folding Metal Chairs